Why you’ve been penalized?
If you observe a sudden drop in traffic, you’ll have to find out what caused it. There are mainly two kinds of Google penalties. One is a manual action from Google’s spam team, and the second one is an algorithmic penalty.
- Manual Action
Check Google Webmaster to confirm whether your website was penalized by a manual action. You may receive a notification stating the same as shown in the image below.
- Algorithmic Penalty
Correlate the time period when you lost traffic with the date when the new update happened. You can check this in Google’s algorithm change history. This requires a lot of analysis because it’s an automated penalty.
Process of SEO penalty recovery
Go to Google Webmaster Tools and download all the back links to your website. Google will export them in a CSV format. Below given are the signs of bad back links. :-
- Website not in the Google index is the prime reason for being penalized from search results.
- Websites with a Domain Authority below 10 or 20 (This can be checked in Webmaster Tools)
- Other signs of bad back links: Gambling or pornography websites, blogs with auto-approved comments, spam articles or overloaded with external links.
- Create a Google penalty recovery plan
To remove bad links find contact details of websites with a bad back link to your website. If you don’t find their contact page, simply search for the domain at www.whois.com to get their Administrative Contact email.
- Execute the plan
If you wish to remove the remaining back links, disavow them. This is a way of notifying Google that you don’t want these back links to be considered while analyzing your site ranking.
We are top-class penalty recovery services in India who have experience in dealing with countless websites facing Google penalties. The reasons for the penalties are stated below :
- Swapping links with other websites is no more in trend; in fact Google considers this as manipulation.
- Disapproving duplicate content is so obvious.
- Your site map should be accessible by Google or you might regret it later.
- Higher density of keywords will get your site into trouble.
- Never overdo SEO unless you’re an SEO specialist who’s updated Google’s SEO rules. Or it is better to just post content without SEO.
- Hidden or suspicious links, for e.g. link with the color of the background may not be noticeable.
- Low quality keywords from spam sites may get you penalized.
- Google is against sponsored content, where you pass page rank. If you wish to promote your services on a blog use a nofollow feature which can keep your rankings unharmed.
- Other methods that violate the rules are cloaking, redirects, doorway pages and irrelevant content can cause the damage.
Tips to resolve this issue
Bad back links or negative SEO can be removed to get rid of Google penalty. Create an email with your request to remove the back links. The email that you send to Webmaster should be polite as the penalty is caused because of your ignorance. Use your company’s email address, and be as specific as possible so that they can figure out where the link is located without much hassle. Don’t send too many emails, one is enough or you might get reported as spam.
Note: It has been proved that 95% of all Google penalties are related to low-quality back links.
24/7 Professional Service Support
We are dedicated to provide the highest quality services through our responsive technical team, so do you have any questions regarding our services we are ready to help you out.